Saturday, July 4, 2009

Day 3:

Breakfast:
Chocolate Chip Granola Bar 37/40 +++1/2
My experience with diet granola bars has not been particularly good. I have always found them a combination between eating a 1x2 piece of wood and a really dense rice crispy square. Usually they are so covered with lowfat chocolate or frosting that it is a complete overload. The Nutrisystem bar looks like the rest in the packaging. At least it doesn't have the dense top frosting but it seems to be a standard granola bar like you'd find in the grocery store.

Visual Appeal: 9/10- I have to say that looking at the bar outside of the package it does look more like granola than most diet bars that I've seen. You can see the oat clusters and there is relatively few airy pockets with rice crisps. The chocolate chips are spread evenly across the top but they are not overly dense. There are about twenty small 1cm chips all together on the 4'' bar.

Smell: 10/10- A sucker for chocolate, I'm pretty good on the smell of the bar. It has a rich chocolate smell. You can't really smell granola per say, but there is a subtle sweet slightly nutty odor beneath the chocolate.

Taste: 9/10- The chocolate is not overwhelming to the granola, if anything they get somewhat lost. I've found that if I take smaller bites of the bar, I get a better taste. and the chocolate is more balanced. The granola itself is good, but there is a slight after taste- soy again?

Texture: 9/10- The bar feels as if it would be very dense when you're holding it. Surprisingly it's not. It's not the gooey granola bars from my childhood, but it does have a reasonable texture- far away from my 1x2 experiences. Not bad.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lunch:
Pasta Parmesan with Broccoli 18/40 ++
Uh-oh another cup meal. The packaging looks like egg noodles with bits of broccoli throughout. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for good things.

Visual Appeal: 5/10- Looking at the finished product, the broccoli is not so much clumps as it is an overall green appearance to the spiral pasta in the cup. The sauce is a pale yellow color so it blends with the noodles. The meal is yellow with green spots. Not very appetizing.

Smell: 5/10- Again there is the funny dehydrated smell to these cup meals. I think that it is the broccoli that gives it the somewhat bitter odor.

Taste: 3/10- Not the best in the Nutrisystem artillery. It does have taste other than cardboard, and I was able to finish the meal without a problem. However, as a point of fact the dog didn't even want a taste of this one. The sauce I think was supposed to be a creamy Parmesan flavor. Granted I have eaten some frozen dinners that had this same flavor. Perhaps it is just me but it fell way below the mark.

Texture: 5/10- Again we have the slightly grainy sauce and for some reason the noodles didn't cook all the way. They were very resistant.

Notes: Not one that i"m reordering again. It's a shame I ordered so many this time. Not something I look forward to eating again.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dinner: Family Meal for the 4th of July... small portions.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todays Water:
Exercise:

No comments:

Post a Comment