Saturday, July 11, 2009

Day 9:

Breakfast:
Nutriflakes Cereal 32/40 +++
I've saved this one or rather put this one off. Nutriflakes cereal boasts 40% bran. I'm not a big bran fan. I think the taste is a little dullish. The interesting thing about this cereal is it is the only cereal that comes in its own bowl. Looking at the package, I'm not seeing the thick flakes of soy flakes. They are mostly thing wheat flakes.

Visual Appeal: 8/10-
There is really not much there for visual appeal. The flakes are all identical and they are all bran flakes. They are large, and this portion is a great deal larger than the other cereal portions. The picture on the package is identical to what you get in your bowl.

Smell: 8/10-
(Chuckle) Smells like bran flakes. There is no sugar on this cereal so the fruit comes in handy here.

Taste: 8/10-
It tastes like bran flakes. This is pretty much the most bland meal that I've eaten, but I wasn't expecting robust flavors. It does complement fruit well. I added a portion of cranberries to my cereal and it really made it taste good.

Texture: 8/10-
Really crispy at first then becomes soggy. It only took a few minutes too. Higher score if it had retained it's crisp. As for the bites it chews well and has no strange textures. This meal is pretty straight forward. You're eating bran cereal.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lunch:
Fudge Graham Lunch Bar 40/40 ++++
I've heard a lot about this particular lunch item on the chat boards. It tends to be the all out favorite for many people. Looking at the package, it looks like a candy bar of sorts. It is covered with chocolate and filled with a center that looks like a graham cracker/soy combination. All in all looks good and expectations are high.

Visual Appeal: 10/10-
I'm pretty sure that my bar suffered the desert heat of my area. It looks like it melted a bit, but managed to maintain it's shape. I'm happy to see that the bar is dark chocolate.

Smell: 10/10-
Smells like dark chocolate. I really can't smell the graham cracker mostly because of the chocolate coating. Even after I took a bite, I really can't taste the graham cracker.

Taste:
10/10-
It reminds me of smores without a marshmallow section. The chocolate tastes very chocolaty and it is not so sweet that it feels like I'm eating dessert. Good flavor though I really can't taste the graham cracker unless I specifically single it out.

Texture: 10/10-
The graham cracker center is a little resistant and not as chewy as I would have liked. The chocolate tends to fall apart when you eat it, but it may be because of the heat up on the nutrisystem truck. This really is quite good. I'm very happy with it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dinner: Flat Bread Pizza 40/40 ++++
I have actually been very curious about this dinner. So many people say that it is one of their favorites, but I fear it will be a cracker-thin crust that tastes like the 2.99 frozen pizza. Looking at the package, I'll be getting a rectangular piece of pizza. It does look like the crust is thick. It shows a considerable amount of red sauce as well.

Visual Appeal: 10/10-
I love that the pizza comes in three separate packages. The crust, pulled from its package is moist and bread-like. The sauce is actually abundant and covers the crust with a rather thick spread. The cheese is surprising as well. There is enough to mound on the crust. Cooked, this is quite appealing.

Smell: 10/10-
Smells lovely. I can tell just by the smell that the sauce is sweet. I like the sweeter sauce, so I like this. The cheese doesn't give off a particularly strong odor. It gives a light mozzarella scent.

Taste: 10/10-
I think I'm in love. This is really tasty. The cheese melts wonderfully and matches the sweetness of the sauce. The crust complements the sauce and the cheese. I think next time I'll use my fruit option to add a bit of pineapple. Very tasty!

Texture: 10/10-
The crust is delightfully crusty around the edges yet retains it's moisture in the middle. The cheese is gooey.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dessert: Chocolate Chip Pudding 38/40 ++++
Chocolate chip pudding... sounds good. I think this dessert has a very high chance of being good. I have to admit I made it earlier and put it in the fridge. I like my pudding cold. So, looking at the package you see pudding with a good amount of chocolate chips on the top. The pudding looks smooth and dark.

Visual Appeal: 8/10-
Upon mixing the pudding together, I did notice it was a bit grainy. I stirred it down, but I'm not sure that it will hold. There is quite a bit of pudding there, I thought it would be less.

Smell: 10/10-
Nice chocolate pudding smell. No odd scents or chemical smells

Taste: 10/10-
Taste is really good. It is a deep dark chocolate flavor. The chocolate chips are nice but not especially needed. The flavor of the pudding really stands by itself.

Texture: 10/10-
For the record don't put the pudding in the fridge to chill. It becomes quite conglomerated. I'm guessing that the right consistancy happens very soon after you stir the mixture. Next time I'll just make it and eat it. The texture of the pudding isn't grainy at all. It is really quite smooth.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todays Water:
Exercise:

No comments:

Post a Comment