Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Day 13:

Breakfast:
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins 30/40 +++
After yesterday's blueberry muffins I'm a little sketchy on the lemon poppy seed. However, the Nutrisystem site has this huge warning that you can only order one of these things because their so high in demand. This really raises my bar as far as taste is concerned. Looking at the picture there are several small muffins. They all have rounded tops and have an abundant amount of poppy seeds.

Visual Appeal: 10/10-
Opening the package, I'm met with two muffin bottoms similar to the blueberry. They do not look overcooked. They are a nice golden brown.

Smell: 8/10-
Lemon is the abundant smell with these muffins. This again reminds me of the blueberry and the overload of blueberry flavor. It does indeed smell like lemon... maybe a little too much like lemon?

Taste: 5/10-
At first the bite is pleasant. If you only chew twice and swallow you would be fine; however the more I chew the stronger the flavor becomes. I'm reminded of lemon drops. For me, the flavoring is overkill.

Texture: 7/10-
The texture of the muffin, similar to the blueberry muffin has this odd quality where it sticks to your teeth. The lemon muffin is also a little dry when I eat it. I keep wanting to reach for the milk with each bite.

Final say: I think I'll give up my poppy seed muffin to all those Nutrisystem lemon lovers out there. Not my thing.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lunch:
Chicken Noodle Soup 30/40 +++
Whenever I think of Chicken Noodle soup, I unfortunately think of Campbells. I have had really good home made soup before, but I'm guessing the quality is closer to the canned variety. Looking at the picture there should be large chunks of chicken, vegetables, and noodles in a broth. Again I'm concerned about the noodles' texture.

Visual Appeal: 6/10-
Visually this soup is odd. At first glance, upon lifting the lid, it looked ok. Then I stirred it and it became thick. There is an odd grainy texture to the broth that is disturbing. The noodles of course look puffy, but the vegetables and the chicken look nice.

Smell: 9/10-
The smell is spot on Chicken Noodle from Campbells. It's not a bad smell. In fact I really like it.

Taste: 8/10-
Despite the odd look of the soup it is surprisingly good. The chicken is moist and is cooked well. The broth is flavorful maybe a bit underseasoned, but all in all good.

Texture: 7/10-
The vegetables are a bit overcooked and thus disintergrate when you eat them- especially the carrots. The noodles are overcooked but not any more than Campbells. The broth though it looks grainy does not have a texture.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dinner: Vegetarian Chili 36/40 +++1/2
Since I have had the other chili I think I know what I'm going to get; however, the boards promise that the vegetarian is much better than the standard chili. I hope so. Again I'm hoping for a little bit of spice in the sauce. Looking at the package, it looks as if they have substituted corn, tomatoes, and peas in place of the meat. Should be an interesting flavor combination.

Visual Appeal: 10/10-
Visually this looks really good. This version of the chili is actually darker in color than it's meat filled cousin. It has a lot of beans. The vegetables that I can see really mix in with the sauce. The peas look a tad overcooked, but all in all this looks really good.

Smell: 8/10-
Smells like a good mild chili. You can really smell the tomato base and the beans. I can also smell a bit of red pepper in the sauce; however, it really isn't that strong, so I'm guessing very mild.

Taste: 8/10-
While really lacking in any sense of heat... it does have a good flavor. This chili could be filled out with some spices easily to get the proper chili heat if so desired. The beans have a good full flavor. There are more than just navy beans in this meal and the flavor shows it.

Texture: 10/10-
Beans are really well cooked. They are not overly tough nor are they mush. The sauce is also a good texture, and you can't even tell that you are eating vegetables. Very nice.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dessert: Chocolate Fudge Bar (Frozen Treat) 40/40

This bar is not on the regular menu it is one of the frozen specialty items, but it is wonderful. Just like the ice cream truck. eating it really feels like cheating. :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todays Water:
Exercise:

No comments:

Post a Comment