Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Day 12:

Breakfast:
Blue Berry Muffin 25/40 ++1/2
The blueberry muffin is interesting to look at in the package picture. There are no blueberries in the muffin. It does look like it is in a muffin shape, but by the shape of the package I'm expecting a loaf.

Visual Appeal: 8/10-
I'm surprised. Not only are they round, but unlike the picture the muffins do in fact have blueberries. They look a little brown on the edges and they are missing the famous muffin top. What you have here are really muffin bottoms.

Smell: 7/10-
They smell really sweet. This is not a flavor that I normally associate with blueberry muffins. For some odd reason it reminds me of a strawberry fruit rollup. odd...

Taste: 5/10-
The muffins are really, really sweet. There is also an odd taste to them that matches that fruit rollup smell. It's as if someone went hog wild with the artificial flavoring. There is also a strange aftertaste which lies flat in the mouth. Really unappetizing.

Texture: 5/10-
The the texture is really soft. It almost feels uncooked when you are eating it, though you can see from the side that it is perfectly cooked.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lunch:
Tomato and Corn Chowder 32/40 +++
I think the title: Tomato and Corn Chowder is a bit of a detriment to the product. It just doesn't sound good. The picture on the other hand does look good. It looks like a tomato based soup with black beans and navy beans, corn and tomatoes. Once again I'm a bit nervous about the beans. I hope they are not overdone.

Visual Appeal: 8/10-
Upon first look this chowder looks more like a chili than anything. It is a nice copper color. The beans are plentiful, but I'm not seeing a great deal of corn.

Smell: 8/10-
I suppose it smells a bit like baked beans and chili together. Not really a chowder in my estimation. There is most definitely a smokey quality to this soup.

Taste: 8/10-
The taste falls more with the chili or baked beans angle. Not very sweet and a little spicy. I can really taste the smokey flavor. There is no corn flavor to this meal.

Texture: 8/10-
The beans are not bad. It is a rather thick soup... not really what I was expecting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dinner: Grilled Chicken Breast 35/40 +++1/2
I have to say I'm scared to death of this meal. I have to keep going back to the boards where everyone says it's so good. hmmmm...

Visual Appeal: 7/10-
There are two issues here. Before cooking and after. Before cooking it reminds me of a McRib. It's supposed to sort of look like it came from grill; however you are very aware that this item has never seen a grill before. After cooking it looks a bit better. I have read that it is pink inside. Truth, it is white and stringy just like chicken. I am eating it as a sandwich which is the suggested method...it does look good that way.

Smell: 9/10-
Again we have the before and after phenomenon. Before- it really does smell like tuna from a can. It's not particularly rank per say but it is just a odd scent to go with chicken; however, I have smelled the exact same smell from canned chicken, so it didn't bother me too much. After cooking it really did smell good. Nice grilled chicken breast aroma.


Taste: 9/10-
Taste- again I am eating this on a sandwich but I have pulled out pieces and I have to say it is really quite good. This will be one of my favorite dinners I think. Very nice. The chicken does have a bit of a tuna taste to it, but for some reason I don't mind it all that much.

Texture: 10/10-
Texture is great. This is a chicken breast not compiled meat like I've read on the chat boards. I tried to take a picture of it as proof but it really doesn't show that the chicken texture is there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dessert: Strawberry Shortcake Bar 26/40 ++1/2
Being that Strawberry shortcake is one of my favorite desserts, this bar has a lot to live up to. In my estimation strawberry shortcake at the very least should taste like strawberries and cream. Since I'm an angel food lover and I'm pretty sure they didn't go in that direction, it should also have a pretty good yellow cake flavor. Looking at the package I'm nervous. The white frosting covering this bar looks really close to the Apple Strudel Bar and that was not a flavor that I associate with Strawberry Shortcake.

Visual Appeal: 7/10-
Indeed the entire bar is covered in a white frosting. It's thinner and smaller than the granola bars. The frosting is a bit lumpy but that can be forgiven. Not much style to this bar, hopefully it will be made up by taste.

Smell: 9/10-
The scent of the bar reminds me of strawberries so far so good. I can also smell the sugar in the frosting.

Taste: 4/10-
I'm not sure what I'm eating but it is not strawberry shortcake. It reminds me of those pies that you buy that have a fruit filling... like hostess. The white frosting is definitely a deterrent for the flavor and the strawberry filling while it tastes like strawberries is way too sweet.

Texture: 6/10-
Texture is weird and there is a strange residue that sticks to my teeth once I've chewed a bite. Again I'm reminded of fruit rollups. It's like the chef took three rollups and smushed it inside a very sweet candy shell.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todays Water:
Exercise:

No comments:

Post a Comment