Monday, July 13, 2009

Day 11:

Breakfast:
Cranberry Orange Pastry 37/40 +++1/2
The cranberry orange pastry was not one of the things I ordered. It was a free meal sent to me by Nutrisystem. I normally don't like orange flavored anything. Looking at the package it looks like a small pound cake with cranberries mixed in.

Visual Appeal: 10/10-
Opening the package it looks actually pretty good. It is golden brown and a nice 1/2 inch cake. I can't see the cranberries on the top, but when I pull it out of the tray, I can see them throughout the sides and the bottom.

Smell: 10/10-
I can smell the orange from feet away. It is very fragrant. It has a nice citrus scent. It reminds me of lemon orange muffins or cake.

Taste: 8/10-
The flavor of this pound cake is quite orangy. Even the aftertaste is citrus. It is not completely overwhelming, but it is pretty strong. The cranberries are an interesting twist. The citrus of the cake is cut when you find a cranberry. There is a burst of sweet followed by the tang. Not really my thing, but if you love orange flavored cakes you'll love it.
Texture: 9/10-
The texture of the cake is quite heavy but it isn't difficult to eat. It is actually pretty moist. There is a slightly grainy consistency when you are chewing the center part of the cake, which is weird; however all in all it is good.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lunch:
Noodles with Chicken and Vegetables ?/40 ++++
Once again I'm eating a microwavable meal. One thing bother's me about this meal... the noodles. I haven't been happy with the noodles in the past. I'm supposing that this meal is going to be either a chicken pot pie taste or possibly a chicken noodle soup taste.

Visual Appeal: 9/10-
Visually this soup is a thick almost stew like meal. It reminds me of chicken and dumplings. I can see the vegetables. The carrots especially look cooked well;however, the peas are a little off color. The chunks of chicken are quite big and the noodles are huge!

Smell: 10/10-
The first smell that registered with me was of chicken and noodles soup. The base of the soup is quite aromatic. I can really smell the chicken in this meal.

Taste: 9/10-
The taste, I'm pleased to say is very good the broth especially is flavorful. The noodles don't have a great deal of taste and act simply as filler. If I think of them as dumplings I do better.
All in all not a bad flavor.

Texture: 8/10-
The texture of the soup... if you are thinking soup, is really thick. If you think of this as a crustless pot pie it's perfect. The texture of the chicken and the vegetables are good. Once again it is the noodles that brings the texture score down. Even thinking of them like dumplings still has them overcooked.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dinner:
Cheese and Spinach Ravioli with Meat Sauce: 30/40 +++
Having tried the Ravioli without the meat sauce, I'm a little curious about how different these two meals might be. I'm assuming that the ravioli is going to be quite large and the sauce plentiful because that's what I had last time; however, I'm wondering if the sauce will be the same flavor as the last ravioli. Looking at the picture the sauce looks pretty spice less and pretty meatless as well. Looks like exactly the same ravioli.

Visual Appeal: 7/10-
Not the most appealing meal visually. The meat sauce gives it a somewhat sloppy appearance. I can see why they didn't put the meat sauce in the picture on the front.

Smell: 8/10-
Similar to the other ravioli except the meat sauce isn't quite so overpowering. It is very similar to the Lasagna... pretty much the same smell.

Taste: 7/10-
This meal wouldn't have me running to the cupboard to eat it every night. It is basically the same meal as the other ravioli and the lasagna just in a different shape. The meat sauce is actually pretty good. It adds a different texture. The pasta is surprisingly bland., given the other pasta was good by itself. Looking at the pasta I'm sensing that there is less filling in there. If you don't eat the sauce
it's pretty much a wallpaper paste meal

Texture: 8/10-
Texture is okay. The pasta is better than most but is still overcooked. The meat at least adds something to chew. It's basically church fund raising spaghetti sauce.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dessert: Nutri Chocolates 38/40 ++++
I've been a little nervous to eat these simply because they were so melted when I got them. I threw them into the freezer, so they are now more like a candy bar. Because of this I really can't comment on what I expect they will look like.

Visual Appeal: 9/10-
I can't talk about what the snacks are supposed to look like, but I can comment on the quality of the chocolate. It is actually a pretty good quality. The treats melted have not turned white and separated from the wax. The chocolate is an even milk brown consistency.

Smell: 9/10-
Not much smell here. I liken it to a classic Hershey bar.

Taste:
10/10-
It's a good milk chocolate. I wish it were dark. This is actually a decent chocolate. A step higher than chocolate Easter bunny's, about even with Hershey's classic chocolate bars.

Texture: 10/10-
Good smooth texture. If you like plain chocolate bars you'll love this. If you don't like the drops, heat them up and freeze them. It makes a great candy bar. :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todays Water:
Exercise:

No comments:

Post a Comment