Friday, July 17, 2009

Day: 15

Breakfast:
Berries and Multigrain Flakes 37/40 +++1/2
I'm a little leery of this cereal. First, I didn't order it, it was a free meal, second because the cereals have been so off and on good throughout the experiment.

Visual Appeal: 9/10-
Visually again the portion is small but I'm getting used to it. There are dried strawberries in the cereal which look pretty good. Again the flakes range in size and there is also the puffed soy.

Smell: 10/10-
Smell is pretty good. It reminds me of fruity pebbles. :)

Taste: 10/10-
Fruity Pebbles is the word. I actually really like this cereal. It's sweet, it has a good flavor, and it reminds me of one of my favorite cereals from when I was a kid.

Texture: 8/10-
Texture again the soy flakes are a little tough, but I'm getting used to eating them. They don't bother me anymore.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lunch:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar 32/40 +++
Ok.. I'll be honest. I *hate* chocolate and peanut butter. Again this is one of those meals that they sent to me for free, and I'm testing it for the sake of the experiment. The bar on the package looks to be dipped in chocolate at the base. Otherwise it looks like a granola bar.

Visual Appeal: 8/10-
Visually the bar looks like the other granola bars except that it is a shade darker brown. The chocolate is fairly dark and I'm guessing my bar melted a bit during shipping. It doesn't look bad.

Smell: 6/10-
Surprisingly the bar has little to no smell. Odd. I would have expected at least a peanut butter scent, but even when I get close there really is no smell- not even the chocolate on the base.

Taste: 8/10-
Like the smell, the flavors are muted on this bar. I could eat it no problem because the flavors of peanut butter and chocolate are not there. There is the vague taste of peanut butter, but the chocolate doesn't really stand out.

Texture: 10/10-
Standard NS granola bar. It is the more chewy variety like the cranberry breakfast bar. It has a good solid texture but it isn't overly dry.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dinner: Three cheese Pasta with Chicken 22/40 ++
Again this is a add hot water meal, which has me nervous. From the picture, spiral noodles are accompanied by cubes of chicken, bits of broccoli and carrots.

Visual Appeal: 8/10-
After you've stirred it for the second time it does look like a pretty good meal. At first I thought there was okra in it, but it turned out to be broccoli stems.

Smell: 6/10-
I really don't care for the smell. You can really smell the powdered cheese sauce. Smells a lot like the Mac and Cheese with Beef meal. I can't smell any of the vegetables or the chicken, the cheese is pretty overpowering.

Taste: 6/10-
It is edible and I find myself not minding the flavors. Given that I'm describing the flavors much the same way I would note a cat being in the room, I can't say this is a great meal. The cheese sauce is powdered and overpowering. You can't really taste the vegetables, and the chicken can't be chicken breast.

Texture: 2/10-
Texture is an issue with this meal. First the noodles need a little more time, and I think that's manageable by adding a little more water and a few more minutes to preparation. However, what I can't overlook is that sometimes when I get a bit of chicken it crunches between my teeth. Not acceptable under any standards and after the second time I put it asside despite the fact I don't find it unpleasant to eat.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dessert: Honey Mustard Pretzels 37/40 +++1/2
Looking at the honey mustard pretzels in the package, I'm not really reminded of Pretzel Time with their honey and mustard dipping sauce. However, I am reminded of the small pretzel sticks that I used to get as a kid from vending machines.

Visual Appeal: 9/10-
My package was broken somewhere along the line, so most of the pretzels were in pieces. It worked out for me, because I took them to a movie and ate them instead of popcorn. The pretzels are quite large around and there is a plentiful amount.

Smell: 8/10-
The smell coming from the package had a little of that chemical smell which seems to surround any NS food that comes in a bag, but the pretzels themselves smelled slightly sweet and had a mustard scent. They were quite appetizing.

Taste: 10/10-
I was surprised at the variety. At first I figured that there was minimal sweet to the treat, then I bit into one pretzel that had an extra smattering of honey. It was followed by another which was mostly pretzel. It was a nice change up in one bag. I was very happy with it.

Texture: 10/10-
The pretzels had no odd texture and were pleasingly crunchy. :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todays Water:
Exercise:

2 comments:

  1. What happens after Day 15. I can't find any of your latest posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm still on the system. I just stopped blogging. I didn't know anyone was reading this. I'll be a little more vigilant in the future. :) I'm still doing the food reviews... see http://nutrisystem-experiment.blogspot.com/2009/07/quick-update.html I was just logging on to get a few more done.

    To answer your question: I'm now down to 155.2 lbs and getting my second box today. At last measurement I'm down 17 inches total and feeling really good.

    ReplyDelete