Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Catch-up Food Reviews

I haven't dropped the site, but I'm now to where I don't eat everything new every day. So I'll do the reviews on the foods I have eaten so far. I don't have pictures for them, but I'll get the ones I reorder in the future. :)

Chocolate Crunch Bar: 39/40 ++++

Visual Appeal: 9/10- I love this bar. I ate it frozen because it melted during shipment. Because of this the bar didn't look like a candy bar. It looked like a melted and refrozen candy bar. :)

Smell: 10/10- Milk Chocolate... enough said.

Taste: 10/10- Reminded me of a Krackle candy bar. It had crisps throughout the milk chocolate. The chocolate flavor was really nice.

Texture: 10/10- Good texture even though it was heated and frozen. Melted well and I found myself running to the computer to make sure I reordered more.

Chocolate Raspberry Lunch Bar: 32/40 +++

Visual Appeal: 10/10- Very similar to the rest of the lunch bars. Bares a striking resemblance to the Gram bar. :)

Smell: 7/10- If you have ever had those candies that are fruit strips covered with chocolate. Usually they are orange, raspberry and lemon. (My grandmother loved them) It smells like that. You can smell the raspberry from the bar mixed in with the chocolate.

Taste: 7/10-
Ok.... I didn't order this one because I know I hate raspberry and chocolate. However, setting that aside it was not bad. There was the perfumy taste I associate with raspberry and chocolate, but if you love those little candies I mentioned earlier, you'll love this bar. For me- not so much.

Texture: 8/10-
Standard Nutrisystem lunch bar. Little heavy but not enough to make a major difference.


Flame Broiled Beef Patty: 25/40 ++1/2

Visual Appeal: 6/10-
Ever eaten school lunch and got the hamburger. It's pretty much the same. First of all you have to rehydrate this one. I don't really understand this because they have plenty of ground beef in other not dehydrated forms. I ended up grilling it on my Forman after reconstituting it.

Smell: 6/10-
School lunch all over again. It did smell like beef and I have to say I have smelled worse burger pattys at fast food chains.

Taste: 6/10-
Um... school lunch. That's the closest I can get to the flavor. Given that it started out as a meat rice cake, my expectations were somewhat low. I will try to make it a little different next time with some liquid smoke, but don't think you're getting Angus Steak House... Nope, Marion the Lunch Lady.

Texture: 7/10-
By the time I got to eating this thing I'd piled on the lettuce and the bun, but I did take a piece out to eat. It's a little chewier than a regular patty. I'm wondering if a vegi or bocca burger might be more worth while???

Macarioni and Cheese: 34/40 +++

Visual Appeal: 8/10-
After putting in the water and the wait time, it looks like Kraft. Enough said.

Smell: 9/10-
Smells oddly sweeter than the Kraft variety, but still has that cheesy I made it for my five year old smell.

Taste: 10/10-
Surprisingly, and I mean off my chair surprising, I liked the flavor of the sauce. Kraft can learn from the people at Nutrisystem. The cheese sauce is yummy. I want to put it over vegetables.

Texture: 7/10-
Texture again lowers the score. Some of the noodles get cooked completely others are crunchy. Thankgoodness none are mush. :)


I'll do more tomorrow. :) Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment