Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Day 39:

The wheels skidded on the rails but I haven't fallen off the track yet; however, I did gain back a pound. It happened two days after my coke/popcorn incident, so I blame that. You know, most people don't really think of that... It was a revelation from my older sister. She made the comment that she always sees her weight gain two weeks or so after the incident. My jump happens two days or so later. Its kind of like food sickness-- It's whatever you ate eight hours before that made you sick, but you always blame the thing you finished ten minutes ago. :)

Also, I'm dealing with a fair amount of stress right now which causes all sorts of nastiness to a diet. Everything from wanting to snack more to digestive problems. I'm impressed about how many calories cleaning burns. I really thought that I had blown it yesterday. Just before lunch I had an incident that sent me spiraling into a "I don't care if I gain weight" moment. I did eat the whole salad yesterday- beans, rice, tortilla, and my dressing that I was going to forgo. When I got home it was almost painful to sit at the computer and plug in the information. The salad wasn't really that bad about 500 calories. Higher than I would have liked but over all not bad. Then I plugged in the hours for my 13 hours at the school setting up my classroom, dusting, hanging posters, etc. I couldn't quite put in 13 hours on the Nutrisystem calculator. So I put 8- It was 1785 calories burned. (I put in heavy house cleaning) I figured it was similar. So even though I derailed slightly, I did burn it off. I feel like that is an even trade.

So new measurements are in: I'm now down 20.25 inches all around! Wow! That is very cool. I would really like to be down to 153 by right now. I really do think once this stress lets up, I'll sink into the low 150s tomorrow or the next day. I just need to relax and not stress so much.

Off to another day of work!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment