Monday, September 7, 2009

Week 10

Welcome to Week 10!

I am very excited to write this week, especially since I actually hit 150. I did see 149 briefly but since it was on a scale belonging to someone else, I don't really feel that I can count it. So if I saw 150 why don't I have 150 on my weight? Answer: I've stopped counting a weigh in at first glance. It just makes you depressed when you bounce up a little during the day, week... hour.

Here I am writing on Labor Day. I've spent the weekend making chocolate cake for my nephew's birthday, and helping to run the party. Not the best diet situation, I have to admit. However, my sister is pregnant and I couldn't leave her to do it all by herself. She needed help. I went, and alas I cheated. On the positive side, I cheated only in the- I didn't eat Nutrisystem. Fortunately I ate right. Turkey Subway with all the vegies and no mayo or sauces. I did I'm afraid to say splurge on a piece of birthday cake, and I did have ham. I can't say that this is a falling off the wagon incident, since I knew when I went up there that I was going to eat outside of the diet. I just told myself that I would eat smarter.

However today is another day and I'm ready for the diet again. :) It should be easier coming up. My parents are leaving on a cruise which means Sunday Dinner will be absent for a while. This is good, because no matter how much my father is cooking right, he still can't give up the salt, the carbs, and the butter- especially when my sister and her family comes to dinner.

Because of all the cheating I really was certain that I would gain inches, pounds, etc. I'm still not entirely certain that I won't see some gain. I do have a short delay, but it seems as if playing with the kids all day helped me burn off the pounds.

I am also thrilled to say that I have branched into my skinnier jeans. I put on a pair of jeans that I have been wearing over the last six months and they drowned me. I had to go to the side of the closet where my jeans go when I can't fit into them. I'm happy to say that they fit me without any sucking in. ;)

So in retrospect- this really wasn't the best week for the diet, but I'm continuing to lose weight. I hope this trend continues. I'm into my last four weeks of the diet experiment. I would be delighted to report that I lost ten pounds in three months. Hopefully it is coming. As it is my total weight lost right now is 8.8 pounds and 27.75 inches. Yay!

Katie


No comments:

Post a Comment